Everything You Must Know About SaaS Operations Management
SaaS sprawl can be a business killer! If your tech stack is out of control, how can you follow licenses and usage?
What does this mean for your bottom line?
- Fees for unused licenses
- Higher operational costs due to fragmented systems
- Overall decrease in efficiency
The only way to get control of the situation is SaaS operations management (aka SaaSOps management).
As technology advances and the need to leverage cloud solutions increases, having knowledgeable operation managers becomes even more important for businesses to succeed. With an eye on future capability requirements and objectives, operation managers can ensure the sustainability of their organization's SaaS products. To address business longevity, here is everything you need to know about SaaS Operations Management. Read more below.
What Is SaaS Operations Management?
SaaS operations management (SOM) is an IT system for companies using multiple SaaS applications. Its purpose is straightforward – SOM streamlines SaaS infrastructure and helps reduce spending on unused software by providing visibility into application usage and billing information.
In addition, it simplifies user administration and feature updates, giving companies control over their use of resources. With a simple yet centralized SOM system in place, businesses can make smarter financial decisions and keep track of the actual costs of their software investments. With Spendflo, you can assemble a custom-built SOM system to oversee your SaaS expenses better and end out-of-control app costs today.
For organizations that employ large-scale software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology:
- Keeping track of users' and teams' access
- Guaranteeing data safety
- Staying compliant with authoritative regulations
- Interlinking with third-party utilities
...calls for considerable input. SaaS operations software simplifies managing a suite of SaaS applications so your personnel can direct their energies towards productive work rather than needing to do any configuration work.
Why Is SaaS Operations Management Critical?
As workloads for IT managers explode – whether at a corporate enterprise or in the startup world – it can be difficult to monitor every detail within your organization's digital workplace. Consequently, when unchecked, employees may opt to create rogue SaaS applications and initiate 'shadow IT,' resulting in increased costs and security concerns. That's why SaaSOps is such a key element: to ensure a secure employee experience.
By installing the SOM system, an IT team or their outsourced partners can gain visibility into their SaaS activity and tackle the rogue apps head-on. Ultimately, SaaSOps isn't just an investment – it's imperative for creating reliable operations across any business.
Overall, SaaS Operations Management is an invaluable asset to businesses, large and small. It helps ensure that the business runs efficiently, makes the most of its resources, and reaches its full potential.
- SaaS operations management can provide a comprehensive overview of all software applications within the company's infrastructure.
- It also helps identify real-time problems and take proactive steps to address them.
- By integrating SaaS with other enterprise Software or hardware systems - such as accounting and human resource software - businesses can streamline their processes and be better prepared for growth or unexpected change.
- Perhaps most importantly, SaaS operations management provides visibility into the entire operation's performance which helps to inform critical decision-making.
To summarize, SaaS operations management is a powerful tool that can help boost efficiency while avoiding costly mistakes - allowing businesses to stay competitive in today's digital economy.
Signs Your Company Need SaaS Operations Management Software
Running a business can be challenging without the right SaaS operations management software. If any of the following signs sound familiar, it is likely time to consider investing in an operations management solution:
- Firstly, if your team relies heavily on using various SaaS applications and you feel like something is missing from your overall workflow, operations management software could help streamline the process for added efficiency.
- Secondly, if there are any accessibility issues with the software already being used by members of your team, new operations management software could increase collaboration and allow employees to access information more easily.
- Finally, security should be a top priority for every organization. Investing in well-regarded ops management solutions with established privacy standards can provide peace of mind regarding keeping confidential data safe.
SaaS Operations Management Use Cases
With SaaS, businesses can monitor their end-to-end operations, manage supply chain logistics, and control inventory - with instant access to real-time data. Furthermore, SaaS operations management allows automated processes to be set up that allow employees more time to focus on strategic projects. Here are some use cases for automating operational processes, how they can benefit a business, and which considerations need to be considered when introducing an operational management platform.
1. SaaS operations management
You can use SaaS ops management software to streamline your business practices and get a holistic view of all your SaaS applications. With a SOM solution, you can:
- Gain visibility into who uses which tool,
- Grant or withdraw app access as needed,
- Avoid shadow IT, and
- Stay on top of your SaaS vendors.
An effective SOM should also offer automated workflows and data to maintain organizational productivity and compliance. Ultimately, this tool keeps all the important information about your various licenses and vendors in one easy-to-access location.
2. SaaS spending optimization
Spending tracking and analysis are eased with the help of SOM software. Utilizing its spend management capability provides vivid insights into all organization's expenses, helping to discern whether the most out of leased SaaS tools is being attained. With SOM's spend analysis capacity, rogue and duplicate spending can be pinpointed and rectified by cutting out unnecessary applications. Optimizing your company-wide use of software-as-a-service resources has never been simpler.
3. Onboarding and offboarding employees
When you recruit a team member, utilizing a SaaS operations management platform can provide a great employee onboarding experience. By automatically assigning the new hire to their designated department and creating a tailored workflow, they have access to all the necessary HR, financial, and customer support applications easily and quickly.
Also, streamlining offboarding ensures employees do not have access to the tools post-employment and that your company is safeguarded against cyber threats, data breaches, and other potential legal issues.
4. Security and compliance
Imagine yourself in the midst of an important SOC 2 audit. Without a SOM (System of Management) system, the operational process of ensuring your SaaS apps' compliance would be a manual and tedious task, with no dedicated source to store information. However, implementing such a system provides numerous benefits:
- Firstly, it enables IT collaboration between your business and its IT team and functions as an effective source of truth for everyone within the organization.
- Besides, enhanced security is made possible thanks to its reduced threat potential.
In essence, SOM systems are great for regulatory compliance – streamlining everything from automated security license agreement collection to organizing your entire compliance process.
What Are the Features of SaaS Operations Management?
As a SaaS professional, it is important to understand the basics of operations management software and the core features that make it an essential tool in today's competitive digital landscape. Although variations on the standard modules are needed for successful operations, these five functionalities are critical components that simplify the management process.
1. SaaS administration
With more and more organizations using Software as a Service (SaaS) tools to make their workflows easier, having a SaaS management tool is essential for ensuring the efficient use of resources and security. Using a SaaS management tool can give organizations great insights into their environment, including simplification of chores like:
- vendor approval,
- termination workflows
- having an overview of all used tools and associated costs
...organizations can better manage their software tools to save time and money. And they can take it one step further by monitoring user interactions with the installed applications to find duplicate or unused apps.
An effective SaaS management tool should also allow efficient employee onboarding and offboarding with relevant SaaS tools as needed. In these ways, organizations can maximize the use of SaaS tools to propel their organizations forward.
2. Role-based access control
Streamlining the onboarding and offboarding of employees has become significantly more straightforward with software such as SOM tools. With a quick input of details surrounding their role and department, a workflow is automatically developed that grants or revokes access to employee-sensitive areas in your company, like human resources or finance, through RBAC (role-based access control). The process is made seamless and time-efficient thanks to these well-developed tools.
3. Automatic SaaS discovery
Having SOM software that automates SaaS management can make a difference and save you time. It takes away the manual effort required to uncover all the various tools being used and gathers pricing and licensing data into one convenient place! However, the best SOM software should be way more than just basic manual entry - it should be able to give you more control and insight with minimal hassle.
4. Policy management
Ensuring that all personnel utilize SOM software correctly and maintain it properly is important to ensure efficient operations. With the policy management feature, companies can create software use policies within their business and seamlessly incorporate those rules into their overall process. By doing this, employees can better understand how the SaaS tools should be utilized and effectively employ them regularly. This makes for an organized, effective workplace with a high-level performance from everyone.
SaaS reporting helps you stay informed on what's happening within the SOM platform to increase productivity and get more customers. Gain a comprehensive understanding of your software tools, their behavior, SaaS utilization, and alteration of users over time to identify opportunities for optimization. Then, leverage a centralized compilation of material to see where your business can boost usage and reduce costs.
What Are the Benefits of Using SaaS Operations Management Software?
Everything from financial forecasting with advanced insights to supply chain optimization can be made possible with Operations Management Software, making it an invaluable asset for organizations looking to enhance their business processes and operations. So here are some of the reasons why owning a SaaS operations management like Spendflo is a must-have for you and your business.
1. Improve transparency
With many SaaS products in the mix, staying on top of all their processes can feel like a full-time job. That's why SaaS management software is key for businesses — it puts all the pertinent information about your stack into one tidy place, so monitoring how tools and technologies work together becomes a much simpler task. It's like an extra layer of transparency that lets you easily track what's happening and spot any potential problems quickly.
2. Build more efficient workflows
With so many Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, juggling different workflows and addressing accessibility concerns can be overwhelming. Fortunately, SaaS operations software makes the juggle easier. Advanced optimization and workflow automation ensure users across the organization have seamless access to the right tools at all times. This way, you reduce tedious tasks and free up more time for productive work.
3. Ensure the right people always have software access
When you bring on new staff, ask people to step up to a higher role or need to revoke access after an employee has left - managing who can access your software is a regular part of day-to-day operations. But it can become quite tiresome if you've got numerous Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) programs needing to be taken care of separately. SaaS management, though, makes it easier to manage user authorization-- making sure only those who are permitted get access quickly and safely.
4. Track costs more accurately
With the cost of SaaS products on the rise, keeping tabs on what's being paid for and when can be daunting. Fortunately, SaaS operations management software provides a solution by centering all subscription-related information in one place. This makes monitoring spending easy and managing existing subscriptions without any headaches.
5. Enhance team collaboration
By removing access issues and clunky workflows, teams can enjoy more effective collaboration and increased productivity. This is because, without these obstacles, employees can work together quickly and easily if required, meaning projects can be completed much faster. As a result of this improved coordination between team members, potential problems or misunderstandings can be resolved swiftly, preventing costly time wastage further down the line. Ultimately, eliminating impediments to collaboration sets teams up for success.
How Does SaaS Operations Management Software Help Your Business?
With an increasing number of software programs being hosted remotely in the cloud, it's essential to have a comprehensive and organized approach to overseeing and managing those operations. As a result, SaaS operations management solutions primarily aim at:
- Ensuring that each application runs optimally, with performance metrics monitored closely for smooth deployments and reliable availability. This typically requires keeping track of various database configurations and server settings and monitoring usage trends across multiple users over time.
- Additionally, SaaS operations management solutions allow you to better understand user behavior within the context of an application's use and provide more comprehensive insight into how customers interact with your products or services.
This can be extremely useful in developing marketing strategies, improving customer journey mapping, or understanding potential user needs before they arise.
By using a SaaS operations management solution, businesses can enjoy enhanced cost savings by better controlling their IT spending through automated processes such as:
- budgeting for licenses
- usage costs for applications
- overall expense tracking over time, and
- making informed decisions about which products or services should be used most often.
- Additionally, a unified platform makes it easy for departments within an organization to collaborate on projects without switching between multiple interfaces – ensuring projects remain promptly managed from beginning to end.
With 94% of companies worldwide being cloud-driven (as of 2022), owning a platform that makes business chores measurable, trackable, and effectively usable is necessary. This is where Spendflo comes in! When maximizing efficiency and managing your software-as-a-service (Saas) operations, Spendflo should be what you must ideally have.
- Spendflo provides advanced analytics tools that offer organizations deep insights into their operation performance – allowing them to optimize processes and make data-backed decisions quickly and easily.
- Furthermore, Spendflo's globalized approach allows companies to access real-time data across multiple geographical locations – meaning decision-makers always have access to up-to-date information regardless of the location.
- Spendflo also offers powerful financial forecasting capabilities that allow users to plan when budgeting for various software components – saving businesses time by not having manual input numbers, which could lead to errors or delays when planning out different scenarios down the line.
- The platform's dynamic dashboards allow teams from various departments across an organization to keep tabs on different aspects of their business simultaneously – resulting in increased collaboration among employees and less confusion due to everyone having a clear understanding of what's happening at any given moment!
Overall these features make Spendflo one of the most complete Saas operation management platforms available today - offering organizations everything they need to stay ahead of the competition!
In conclusion, SaaS Operations Management is a powerful tool that can help businesses streamline their operations and increase the efficiency of their processes. By leveraging the cloud-based platform, companies can easily scale their operations while maintaining control and visibility over every aspect of their business.
Spendflo solution provides an easy-to-use interface that helps reduce costs, identify areas for improvement, and track key performance indicators. With Spendflo's integrated platform, businesses can quickly access data from multiple sources and gain insights into how to optimize their operations. The platform also includes automated workflows, real-time analytics, custom dashboards, and more to streamline operational tasks further.
So no matter what size or type of business you are operating, SaaS Operations Management with Spendflo is a great way to save time and money while driving greater value from your organization. Book a Demo today and leverage the benefits of SOM with Spendflo.
Sign up for our blog
Optimizing SaaS Expenses is Easier with Expert Guidance
Subscribe to our blog & learn how to master optimizing your SaaS expenses.
Spendflo launches SaaS tracking and SSO for Microsoft Azure AD and Okta users
Spendflo launches integrations with Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Okta for better visibility, security, and ROI